In nShift On-premises, you can make an export setup that creates a file with information such as package number, weight, receiver, etc. and places it in a shared folder. This is useful if you want to send information back to your ERP system from nShift On-premises or simply want regular reports with certain information.
The export setup in On-premises has many configuration options. This article will explain how to set up a plain text file with commonly used settings. Please contact our Customer Service if you need help with the more advanced options.
How to configure an export setup:
- Go to Setup and navigate to the level where you want the export setup. Right-click in the right-hand pane and select New > Export setup.
- Start by checking the Export active checkbox. The export setup must be active to make any changes.
- Choose when On-premises should export the data. Select Active at submit if the export file should be created when a label is printed or Active at transmit if it should be created when EDI is transmitted to the carriers.
- Specify an Output folder. This is the path to the folder where On-premises should place the export files. Make sure that On-premises has the necessary permissions to create files in the folder.
- Fill in details about the exported files: Enter the desired file format in the File extension field, select file encoding and choose whether you want the same file name each time or a new file name for each export
- Click on the Layout tab to configure how the export file should look. Specify the desired field separator and click Setup Fields.
- In the Export Fields Setup, select all the fields you want to be included in your file. Click on the +/- next to each group to expand and collapse it and check the relevant fields. For each field, specify an order value to determine the order of the fields. Click OK to save.
- Back on the layout configuration page, you can specify if you want special start and end characters for fields and lines, and if you want one line per shipment or another layout.
- The Units tab allows you to configure the units and formats used in your file.
- In the FTP Transmission tab, it is possible to configure FTP transfer of the export file.
- Click OK to save the export setup when you are done with all the settings. You must restart the Consignor Service when you have finished the configuration of your export setup.