WooCommerce is an open-source e-commerce plugin to WordPress aimed at small and medium-sized online stores, that enables you to sell products and services from your WordPress site.
nShift now offers a plugin to WooCommerce that makes it easy for you to integrate your system to DeliveryHub and handle your shipments easily and efficiently.
Your WooCommerce account must be linked to a Shipment Server account. Please contact our Customer Service to get a Shipment Server account if you do not have one already.
Note: The WooCommerce plugin is not supported with a Shipment Server On-premises solution.
This article will go through:
- Installing the plugin
- Adding Shipping Profiles
- Creating a shipment
- Transmitting data to carriers
- Downloading an End of Day report
- List of fields for developers
Installing the plugin
To be able to install and run the plugin, your system must meet these minimum requirements:
- Plugin v. 126.96.36.199
- Wordpress v. 4.7
- Woocommerce v. 3.0
- PHP v.5.6
Follow these steps to install the plugin.
- Download the plugin archive here: https://integration.consignor.com/woocommerce/download-plugin
- Unzip the plugin locally on your computer.
- FTP or SSH access is required. Open the FTP client on your computer and connect to your website.
- Once you are connected, access this path: /wp-content/plugins/
- Upload the folder you extracted from the zip file to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your web server.
- Go to the WordPress admin area and click Plugins in the menu. You should see the nShift successfully installed on the Plugins page.
- Click on the Activate link to activate the plugin. You may need to configure the plugin settings when you activate it.
- When the plugin is activated, you will see an nShift menu item. Click on it and add the credentials for your Shipment Server account. Contact nShift Customer service, if you do not have any Shipment Server credentials.
Adding shipping profiles
A shipping profile in WooCommerce is a combination of a product and additional services. You must set up shipping profiles to match the products and services from DeliveryHub you want to use.
- Go to nShift in the menu and select the Shipping Profiles tab.
- To add a new profile, start by giving it a name in the Shipping profile column and then select a carrier product next to it in the nShift product column. Click Save to add the profile to the list.
- Once the profile is saved, you can click the Settings link in the Action column to add additional services, default goods type and carrier account number. Select goods type from the drop-down list, enter carrier account number and check the services you want to add. Click Save Services.
- If you have a shipping profile that will be used to countries with different customs clearance terms than your own, you can click the Details link to provide customs details.
- Fill in default values in the Details fields. In the Status column you can specify if a field should be enabled or disabled.
Creating a shipment
Here we will explain how to ship an order using the nShift plugin. For more help on the features in WooCommerce, we refer to WooCommerce support.
- Go to WooCommerce and select Orders in the menu.
- Click on the order you want to ship.
- On the order details page, click the Send shipping order button below the nShift logo.
- Choose a Shipping Profile in Step 1 and fill in any additional fields. The shipping profiles available on the list are the ones previously added (see the section about Adding shipping profiles.) Click Next.
- Verify that the Sender and Receiver addresses are correct in Step 2 and Step 3. Make changes if needed and click Next.
- Choose a Shipping profile and click Next. The shipping profiles available on the list are the ones previously added (see the section about Adding shipping profiles)
- In Step 4: Goods Line, you can add additional information about your shipment. Select a goods type from the drop-down list if your selected shipping profile supports goods types. If your shipment contains more than one goods line, you can add more using the plus button. Click Next.
- Under Article Info you may edit the information about the content of your parcel. Use the Line Number to assign each item to the correct parcel if your shipment has multiple parcels.
- Click the Submit shipment button when you are ready to print the label.
- A request will now be made to nShift. If you are missing any mandatory information on the shipment, an error message will be displayed at the top of the page.
- If the request was successful, you will see the label in the Ship Order section. Click the label to get the rest of your labels if you made a multi-parcel shipment. The tracking number link will send you to Portal, where you can view the shipment.
Transmitting data to carriers
Follow the steps below to transmit data to carriers from Woocommerce. Note: If you do not see the Transmit tab, you need to update the nShift plugin to the latest version.
- Go to nShift in the left side menu and select the Transmit tab.
- You will see a list of all your shipments. You can filter the list by carrier by clicking the carrier name at the top of the list.
- Select the shipments you want to transmit. You can select all shipments at once by checking the checkbox at the top.
- Click the Transmit button at the bottom of the list after you have made your selection.
- Your shipments have now been transmitted to the carrier.
It is also possible to log in to Ticket and set up auto transmit. If you set up auto transmit, you only need to do the configuration once and nShift will take care of the transmit. Use your Portal login (contact nShift Customer Service, if you do not have a portal user) and follow the instructions in this article: Setting up auto transmit of EDI files in Ticket.
Download an End of Day report
You can download End of Day reports directly from the nShift plugin in WooCommerce. Note: If you do not see the Documents tab, you need to update the nShift plugin to the latest version.
- Go to nShift in the left side menu and select the Documents tab.
- You will see a list of all your transmitted batches. You can filter the list by carrier by clicking the carrier name at the top of the list. Click on the Document link next to the relevant batch to download the End of Day report in PDF format.
List of fields for developers
Here is a list of the fields in WooCommerce that are used for populating data in the request to nShift.
There are no validations if a field is missing. Information in "phone" is sent to "Phone" and "Mobile" in Shipment Server.
'billing' => array(
'phone' => ''
'email' => '',
'shipping' => array(
'first_name' => ''
'last_name' => ''
'company' => ''
'address_1' => ''
'address_2' => ''
'city' => ''
'state' => ''
'postcode' => ''
'country' => ''