This article will explain the items in the new public Shipment Viewer (launched November 2020) that can be accessed by tracking links provided by DeliveryHub owners. The Shipment Viewer is a page in Portal showing details about a shipment, and the public version is available to anyone who is not logged in. The owner of a shipment has access to customize the layout and data available in the Shipment Viewer. The data is anonymized unless the owner of the data has chosen to display more details. If you are logged into Portal, your Shipment Viewer will have more options than the public Shipment Viewer.
Sections in this article:
- The legacy vs. new Shipment viewer
- New Shipment Viewer - General tab
- New Shipment Viewer - Status tab
- New Shipment Viewer - Details tab
- New Shipment Viewer - Other tabs
- Customer Showcase
Learn how to create Shipment Viewer Profiles and tracking URLs here.
The legacy vs. new Shipment viewer
The new Shipment Viewer is the primary shipment view in Portal. You will access this when clicking shipments in the search result and from many tracking URLs. The new Shipment Viewer is customized by the owner of the shipment data.
The legacy Shipment Viewer is the old way of viewing shipment data in Portal. The legacy Shipment Viewer is no longer maintained and we highly recommend you move away from using it as soon as possible.
Legacy Shipment Viewer:
New Shipment Viewer:
New Shipment Viewer - General tab
The Shipment Viewer will open in the General tab. This page contains an overview of all the shipment data. The layout may vary according to the configuration made by the owner of the shipment data.
Example showing a public shipment:
- Information about number of packages, weight and volume is available at the top.
- Shipment status shows how far the shipment has reached on the way to delivery.
- The Addresses section shows the Sender and Receiver address, usually anonymized which means that only country code and city will be shown. Other address types may be available.
- The Carrier section shows the carrier, product and services used for the shipment.
- The References sections shows information about order number, references, attention, messages etc. The content of this section varies according to the information available on the shipment. Click the View more link to expand this section.
- The Dates section shows relevant dates on the shipment like pickup dates and ETA.
The owner of a shipment may also choose to make the following information available under the General tab:
- Prices, payer and COD. Prices related to the shipment and details about payer and COD account numbers, references etc.
- Documents. If documents were stored on a shipment, these can be made publicly available by the owner of the shipment.
- Campaign and FAQ section. If provided by the owner of the shipment, links to their support and campaign site may be available.
New Shipment Viewer - Status tab
The Status tab contains detailed information about the shipment and package status. If return data from the carrier is available in Portal, all the statuses from print to delivery will be available here. Click the View journey link expand the page and see more detailed formation about previous statuses.
As default, the status received from the system or the carrier will be shown. If you activate the Show normalized toggle button, the normalized status will be shown instead.
New Shipment Viewer - Details tab
The Details tab contains information related to measurements and content. You can also see if a specific goods type is used. Information in this section will depend the shipment owner's configuration as well as the information available on the specific shipment.
New Shipment Viewer - Other tabs
Depending on the data owner's configuration, the following tabs may be available in the public Shipment Viewer:
- Documents - contains public documents available for download.
- Additional information - customs informations.
- Dangerous goods - dangerous goods information.
See the example below showing how Superdry customized their Shipment Viewer. They have added their logo and a contact link and only show the information about the shipment that is relevant to their customers: