The Shipment Viewer is a page showing all details about a shipment. It exists in two versions - a public version that is accessible to everyone visiting Portal, and a version for users that are logged into Portal. To learn more about the public Shipment Viewer, go to this article: Introduction to the public Shipment Viewer.
This article will explain the options available for logged-in users and how to configure an authenticated Shipment Viewer profile.
- Creating a Shipment Viewer Profile for logged-in users
- Selecting a Shipment Viewer profile in User Management
- Editing options in the Shipment Viewer
Creating a Shipment Viewer Profile for logged-in users
Decide which editing options should be available to the users connected to your nShift Ship (Consignor) installation by setting up an authenticated Shipment Viewer Profile.
- Log into nShift Portal with your Owner or Admin user.
- Click on Settings in the top right corner.
- Go to Customizations > Shipment Viewer Profile in the left side menu, and click Create new.
- Choose Authenticated. (Public profiles are used to customize the way you display your shipments to anyone not logged into Portal - read more).
- Start by naming your profile. Choose a name that will help you identify the profile later on. The profile is enabled as default but it can be disabled if needed. You can use the Preview button at any time during the configuration to see what the shipment view looks like.
- Set the toggle buttons to ON or OFF to manage which data should be shown in the Shipment Viewer.
- Click the arrow in the Collection column to expand a collection, and select or remove items by selecting or deselecting the checkboxes. A Collection is a group of related items that will be shown together in the shipment view.
- Change the order of Collections or elements within Collections by clicking on the icon next to an element and then dragging and dropping it to the position you want. When you rearrange items, the order will be reflected in the shipment view. E.g. if you drag Carrier to the top, this will also be the top item in the Shipment Viewer.
- Click the Save button when you are finished with the configuration.
Selecting a Shipment Viewer Profile in User Management
After creating an authenticated Shipment Viewer profile, it must be selected on the user accounts where you want to apply it.
- Go to Settings > Customer Users.
- Click on the username you want to apply the new Shipment Viewer Profile to.
- Select the Shipment Viewer Profile from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
It is possible to create multiple Shipment Viewer Profiles if you want to grant some users more editing options than others.
Editing options in the Shipment Viewer
The items and editing options available in the Shipment Viewer will correspond to the configuration in the Shipment Viewer profile applied to your user account.
Note: you must enable pop-ups for Portal to be able to access the Shipment Viewer functionalities for logged-in users. (Read Google's guide on how to enable pop-ups in Chrome here).
All the sections in the Shipment Viewer that have a pencil icon are editable.
Below is the same view where the Shipment Status, Addresses and References sections have been expanded for editing:
Make the desired changes in each section and click the Save buttons.
If you have enabled Documents in the Shipment Viewer, you will see a Documents tab at the top. Here you will find documents attached to the shipment and you can upload additional files by clicking Add file. Supported documents for upload include TXT, JSON, XML, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX and PDF.