- CPC Lesson 1 - Introduction and Activation
- CPC Lesson 2 - Configuring the Main settings
- CPC Lesson 3 - Setting up Zones
- CPC Lesson 4 - Setting up Routes
- CPC Lesson 5 - Setting up Prices
- CPC Lesson 6 - Setting up Indicators
- CPC Lesson 7 - Managing your files
Routes represent the way zones are linked together and can be configured individually for any pair of zones. They can be used to set up different base prices for the same transportation. At least one Zone must be defined to configure a route.
Routes must also be activated in the Main tab under Route Settings for the Routes tab to be visible.
Follow these steps to set up a route:
- Go to the Routes tab once it has been activated.
- Click the New button, name the route and click the checkmark icon to save.
- Click the arrow icon to the right of the route to specify the zones.
- Click the New button in the zone box and define Sender zone and Receiver zone. The dropdown lists will contain all the possible zones that you created in the Zones tab (read more about Zones). Click the checkmark icon to save.
The same concept can be applied to a Distance vs. Weight matrix. Consider each distance interval as a route. To set this up, the Sender zone should be set to N/A and the Receiver zone to one of the zones. This will work by comparing the total transportation distance to all the listed intervals. Sender zone is undefined because the origin of the transportation is not considered but we are interested in where the total distance fits into the matrix. Define a number of routes that correspond to the number of zones.
This code sample shows what the routes look like when defined in the XML file generated by the user interface. It is possible to make changes in the XML and upload a new configuration file by using the Import/Export feature under Options.
<Route Description="East West by Road" Name="Road">
<Link Description="Road" ReceiverZoneName="Zone 1 - West" SenderZoneName="Zone 2 - East"/>
<Route Description="East West by Ferry" Name="Ferry">
<Link Description="Ferry" ReceiverZoneName="Zone 1 - West" SenderZoneName="Zone 2 - East"/>
|← Previous lesson||↑ Back to top||Next lesson →|