If you are working in the Production View in nShift On-premises, you have several options when you are submitting a shipment:
- The default option is printing the label. Click the Print button in the top right corner. This will use your printer settings in On-premises.
- While the label is printing, you will see a submit window briefly. This will close automatically once the label has been printed.
Note: If you have no printer set up in nShift On-premises, we recommend reading the article Printer setup in nShift On-premises.
- Click the arrow on the side of the Print button and choose Save labels.
- Specify the path to the location where you want to save the label and click OK. If you put a checkmark in Do not show this dialog again, the path will automatically be used next time you choose Save labels.
- The submit window automatically closes once the label has been saved. The label can now be found as a PDF file in the specified folder.
- Click the arrow on the side of the Print button and choose Send labels.
- This will open up your local MAPI client (Outlook) with an empty email with the label in PDF format attached.
- The submit window automatically closes once the label has been sent.
Information about MAPI error:
If you get an error saying "Submit - MAPI not installed", the MAPI/ MAPIX key was not added when you installed Outlook or it might have been removed. This error is related to Windows and is not an On-premises error. Please see Microsoft documentation for more information:
Check the registries for the MAPI keys:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem and
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem
This feature is usually used together with an ERP integration where you import the shipments to Inbox.
- Right-click on the Print button and select Auto submit.
- Specify at what level to apply the changes and click OK.
- The Print button now displays a flash icon:
- Enter an order number in the order number search field and press Enter on your keyboard. This will automatically print the label.
- If order number search has not been enabled in your On-premises then right-click in the field and select Search properties.
- Add a checkmark in Order number and click OK. Order number search is now enabled.
Fast mode works similar to Auto submit but skips user-configured validations in Production View since the shipments are made without loading the Production view. Carrier validations still run and your shipments in Inbox must be valid.
Fast mode is usually used together with an ERP integration and a handheld scanning device. A barcode is scanned and the label is printed without any interaction with the Production View in On-premises. Fast mode also works with Shipping Rules.
Due to security issues, this feature must be activated by nShift Service. Please contact us, if you would like to set up Fast mode.
Once Fast mode has been activated by Customer Service, it will be visible when right-clicking on the Print button.