If you use Scan App to scan shipments that are not produced in your own DeliveryHub, the scanning events will not appear in your Portal but will be uploaded to the original shipments. Maybe you are a carrier who uses Scan App for scanning goods from your customers, or you are handling parcels with labels produced in other DeliveryHubs but use Scan App for scanning.
A solution to this problem is to use a barcode suffix. With this feature, you append a suffix to the barcode when making a scan. This makes the barcode unique, and Portal will see the shipment as an orphan shipment which will be shown in your portal. This means that your scanning events will not be displayed on the original shipment, but instead, you will have a copy of the shipment in your Portal with the event.
How to add a barcode suffix to a Scan App event
- In Portal, go to Scan App > Settings > Scan App events.
- Open Event settings by clicking the edit icon on the event you want to add a barcode suffix to.
- Click the Advanced link to open more options.
- Enter a value in the Barcode suffix field. This value will be added to the scanned barcodes when they are uploaded to Portal.
- Next time you scan a barcode produced in another DeliveryHub with this event, it will appear as an orphan shipment in your Portal.