Portal is a service on our web pages where all shipment data from nShift DeliveryHub is uploaded. It is a great tool for searching and finding the current delivery status on specific shipments, see carrier tracking, calculated freight prices and more. You can generate reports for invoice control, geographical shipment patterns, most used carriers etc.
To use Portal, you must have a user account. Contact nShift Customer Service to get a user account. Once you have a user account with "owner" status, you'll be able to create new admin and regular users for your Portal.
Walk-through of the basic Portal features:
Home and search
The first page you meet, when you log into Portal, is Home containing a dashboard with key statistics. From this page, you have access to our Help Center with several hundred articles and guides, and you have access to get in touch with our Customer Service.
Use the search field on the page to search for shipment information. You can enter any search word related to a shipment, e.g. shipment or package number, order number, receiver name, receiver city or street name. Suggested search results will automatically be displayed below the search field, as soon as you start typing something. If you press the Search button, you will get a list with all the results.
When you click on a shipment from the suggested search results below the search field, or on the list of results, you will open the shipment viewer. This view gives you access to all information about the shipment like status events, sender and receiver information, tracking etc.
The Shipment Viewer can be customized with your logo and layout and you can make different versions for different end customers. You can also configure the version of the Shipment Viewer that is available when you are logged in.
Read more about the public version of the Shipment Viewer here.
Read more about how to customize your Shipment Viewer here.
Reports and statistics
The Track & Trace tab contains several features. (The number of features vary according to your user's profile and your subscription). Here is an overview of the basic features:
- Shipment - make reports on shipment level. You can filter on date, location, actor, carrier, status category and status. Click the action wheel in the top right corner to configure which columns are included in the report. Any reports can be exported to Excel or CSV documents. (see guide on how to export to Excel or CSV).
- Package - make reports on package level. You have the same filtering options as on Shipment.
- Radar - make reports on status, e.g. all shipments out for delivery. (Radar can search data that is up to 6 months old).
- Return - make reports with return shipments only.
- Recycle - make reports with recycle pallets.
- Search - make reports based on text search.
The Insights tab contains more advanced reports and features and the content also depends on your profile and subscription.
- Statistics - gives you statistics on shipments produced per month, what products have been used, average shipment weight from nShift DeliveryHub and return data shipment weight from the carrier.
- Invoice - feature for invoice control. Read more in this guide: Using invoice control in Portal.
- Performance report - create reports showing carrier performance. Requires setup with your specific carrier service level agreements - read more.
- Performance Chart - create a graphical chart showing carrier performance - read more.
- Customer experience and Customer experience details - Only available if included in your subscription. See if shipments have been delivered the first time and whether there have been any carrier exceptions or multiple delivery attempts. Read more.
Example from the Statistics tab
When you click on your username in the top right corner, you will see this menu:
- Profile - gives you access to edit your personal profil, e.g. e-mail, name and language settings.
- What's new? - link to release notes on our website. Read more about the features and improvements included in each release.
- Settings - depending on your user rights, Settings give you access to manage other users, create events and manage data. Regular users have limited rights while admins and owners have access to more features.
- Help - link to our Help Center with more than 400 guides and articles and access to contact our Customer Service.
Read more of our guides to Portal here.