It is possible to anonymize a shipment in Portal in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
If a customer asks your company to delete all information about them, you can use the anonymize data feature in Portal to remove their Shipment data. Anonymized data is not considered personal information according to the GDPR.
To keep your shipment statistics accurate, it is to your advantage to anonymize shipment data rather than delete shipments.
- Anonymizing a single shipment
- Anonymizing a year of shipment data
- Automatic anonymization of shipment data
Anonymizing a single shipment
Follow these steps to anonymize a single shipment:
- Log in to nShift Portal. You must be an "Owner" to be able to anonymize shipments.
- Locate the shipment you want to anonymize. You can use the search field on the home page.
- Click Edit on the Receiver address.
- Click Anonymize personal data and then YES to confirm your action. Your action is irreversible and data cannot be restored!
- Close the shipment. The next time you open the shipment it will be anonymized. If you hover over the padlock icon, you can see when the anonymization was done, and by whom.
Anonymizing a year of shipment data
Follow these steps to anonymize an entire year of shipment data:
- Log in to nShift Portal and select Settings in the top right corner.
- Click on Data Storage in the left-side menu.
- Scroll to the section on the page with the title Anonymise your data. Here you can see what data is currently available in Portal.
- Select the years you would like to anonymize data from and click Anonymise selected years. In the example below, only the data from 2014 will be anonymized. It is not possible to anonymize data from the current year.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to go ahead with the anonymization process. Click Go ahead, anonymise my data.
- Next, you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation link. Read the e-mail carefully and click the link to proceed with anonymizing the data. The confirmation link is valid for 24 hours, and the anonymization will be scheduled for processing. The anonymization can take up to 2-3 days depending on the amount of data that needs to be processed.
- When you click the confirmation link, you will be redirected to Portal where you will see a confirmation message.
Automatic anonymization of shipment data
You can set up automatic continuous anonymization of shipment data by issuing a power of attorney to allow nShift to automatically anonymize data older than a certain number of days. Please note that anonymized data can never be recreated, even if you withdraw the power of attorney. If you use this feature, it applies to all the installation IDs attached to your profile.
- Log in to nShift Portal and select Settings from the menu in the top right corner.
- Click on Data Storage in the left side menu.
- Scroll to the section Automatic continuous anonymization.
- Enter the number of days your data must be for the automatic anonymization to take place and click Issue Power of Attorney:
- An e-mail will now be sent to you with a confirmation link. Click the link to go through with issuing the power of attorney. (You can withdraw the power of attorney at any time)
- You'll be sent to Portal and a confirmation message is shown. Your automatic anonymization is now active. Please note that the anonymization will be scheduled for processing regularly, but the operation can take up to 2-3 days depending on the amount of data that needs to be processed.
- To withdraw the power of attorney, go to nShift Portal > Settings > Data Storage and click the Withdraw Power of Attorney button.