You can add validations to your Scan App solution so barcodes have to meet certain criteria to pass the Scan App scanner.
- Log in to nShift Portal, and go to Action Center > Settings.
- Choose Validations in the SCAN APP section.
- Click New under Allowed structures.
- Select and fill in the constraints you want. You can control the allowed length, prefix, and suffix and add a string that must be included in the barcodes.
- Click the check icon to save.
- Please note that multiple rules are validated mobile side in the order that you (the Action Center owner) have defined them. It is recommended to place the most used rules at the top. Use the hamburger icons to drag and drop rules to change the order of the list. If a barcode is invalid according to multiple rules, Scan App will display the first rule that is not met so the order is important.