You can add and manage a number of settings for your Scan App Agents. It can be valuable to know more about the agents and vehicles, and you can add extra fields for additional information like capacity, agent certifications, etc. All options are defined in the Action Center, and the agent can check/uncheck what is relevant for them in the app.
Managing Agent settings in Action Center
- Log in to Portal and go to Action Center > Settings.
- Choose Info under the AGENTS section
- Click New on the info types to add extra choices and editable fields in Scan App. (Read more about Agent info types).
- Fill in Name and Type, and click the check icon to save. The Type decides what type of field is visible in Scan App, like check-box, text field, date, etc.
Example of how additional agent information can be displayed in Scan App. The agent can tap the relevant fields to add a check mark, enter a text, or specify a date depending on the type of field.
When the agent has filled in the additional information, this will be visible in the Agent pop-up view in Action Center.
Explanation of Agent info types
- Personal information - Agent name, phone number, e-mail, and a picture is the standard configuration, but more info can be useful. E.g. employed since or agent availability only at weekends. Fields can be single select, text input field, or date format.
- Vehicle types - Enter all available vehicles and their maximum loading capacity. The agent can later check which vehicle they are using.
- Vehicle information - Register equipment on the vehicle like lift, refrigerated container, etc.
- Driver's license - Add all license types and let the agent check which licenses he has.
- Certifications /Training - Let the agent specify relevant certifications and training, e.g. ADR certifications.
Agent overview and pop-up
You can always see a list of all your Agents by going to Action Center > Agents. Note that an Agent must log into Scan App Pro using the agent key to appear on the list. The list gives you an overview with a lot of useful information about each agent:
- Ready to load - shows a green dot if the Agent is ready to load and a red dot if not ready to load. This status is set in Scan App Pro.
- Full name - the Agent's full name.
- Phone - the Agent's phone number. This can be updated and may be different from a phone number used as agent key.
- Email - the Agent's email. This can be updated and may be different from an email used as agent key.
- Last Scan Date - date of the last scan performed by the agent.
- Last Position Date - date of the last position registered on the agent. If they have location services turned off always, no data will be available in this column.
- Available Capacity - available capacity set by the Agent in the app.
- Status - shows whether or not the agent is connected.
- Agent identifier - unique identifier.
- App version - shows the version of the app used by the Agent.
Use the filtered search your agent list is long. Search by Status or/and choose an option from the filter field drop-down list and fill in a filter value. For Full name, Email and Phone, results containing the filter value will be returned. When using the Agent identifier, only an exact match will be returned.
Click on an Agent in the list to open the Agent pop-up.
The Agent pop-up
The pop-up has up to three different tabs depending on your settings:
This tab contains information about the agent. Any agent info made available in the Action Center and filled in by the Agent in Scan App Pro will be visible here.
The map tab is available if the agent uses live tracking or Event position. It will show the Agent's position on a map and the last event location.
Live tracking is activated by default if location services are activated on the phone. It can be turned of by the agent any time from the main menu in Scan App Pro. Read more about Live tracking here.
It is possible to turn off the event location. This is done in Scan App Pro by going to Settings > Preferences > Event location and setting the Event Position switch toggle to inactive.
Send messages from the Action Center to your Agent. They will receive the message directly in Scan App Pro. Read more about Messages here.