(EDIT: new deployment date for ACCEPT environment 26/2)
At nShift Tilburg we are working on several improvements to our Transsmart Generic Online (TGO) and Transsmart Generic Manifesting (TGM) connections. These generic connections are used by hundreds of different carriers within our platform, and they all utilise our own standardised label as shown below on the left. One of the improvements that we've prepared is a new label layout, and because of this we would like to inform you about the following:
We have investigated several label improvement possibilities, also taking into account what our customers, partners and carriers have requested in the past. The label redesign is now completed. Next to this, we have also enabled improvement possibilities. Below is a short summary of what has been implemented:
- The label redesign, see example below. Please note that the placement of the actual barcode on the label will change. If your carrier(s) process these labels automatically with scanning equipment, this process might require a change on their end to be able to keep processing the new labels.
- Adding your own logo will become possible. The logo will be placed on the top right area of the label (where the example below shows the nShift logo).
- When you contact our support department through a new ticket you can provide a logo to be added to your carrier configuration.
- Full naming of the carrier on the top part of the label (where the example below shows 'TS Generic Online').
- Full naming of services booked for the shipment on the bottom part of the label (where the example below shows 'STANDARD').
These changes will go live on the 29th of January 2024, so please make sure that you, your organisation and your carrier(s) that operate on these types of connections are aware of the changes and prepared for them. This will affect all carriers who use the TGO or TGM connection, please consider this can have an impact on several carriers that you use in our platform.
EDIT 05-02-2024: due to the rollback of this change last week, we are reviewing the best way to re-deploy and will comment here when we expect this to be done.
|Old label until 29th of Jan ‘24
|New label from 29th of Jan ‘24
To be able to follow any other carrier updates in the future, we advise you to Follow the Release Notes forum here by logging in and clicking the blue Follow button.