nShift Emissions Tracker enables you to create shipment emissions reports with calculations at shipment level. Once you have created a report, it is easy to export it to Excel or CSV for further data analysis. It is also easy to include additional shipment data in your reports.
Create a report
- Log into nShift Portal and choose Emissions Tracker in the top menu:
- Click View your Emissions report.
- Set the drop-down lists to the desired values and click Run Report.
- You will now see a report showing emissions data such as calculated Emissions cost, Emission factor, distance, and much more.
Tip: You have direct access to Emissions Tracker from https://emissions-tracker.nshiftportal.com/
Explanation for the Emissions columns
Here is an explanation for the emissions-specific columns in the report. All other columns contain data that are shipment specific, eg. carrier, service, order number, weight, etc.
- Emission Source: The source for the emission calculation (this is currently EMISSIONS_TRACKER but in a future product version other sources will be available)
- Emission timestamp: The date/time for when the calculation was made.
- Lane ID: The lane created between two zones, e.g., Stockholm > Malmö for example. Tariff-specific information.
- Bracket ID: The different weight brackets defined in the tariff e.g., 0-1000kg, 1001-2500kg, etc.
- Emission unit: The unit of measure - (only kg CO2e as of now in the standard tariffs).
- Emission calculation method: Could be “generic” or “exact”. Emissions Tracker is capable of generic and exact calculations on shipment level.
Emission cost: The cost of your shipment on the environment, e.g., the actual emission
Emission factor: The factor used, together with the distance and weight, to calculate the emission cost.
- Emission distance: The distance of the lane/zones.
- Chargeable weight: The chargeable weight of the shipment.
- Tariff name: The name of the tariff used for the calculation.
To learn how to export your report to Excel or CSV and configure the report configuration in this article: Configure and export your Emissions report