Data in Portal can be deleted by users with "Owner" status. Once you have deleted data from Portal, you will no longer be able to see any data from the deleted years in reports and statistics. Deleted data can never be restored.
Read our guide about data anonymization here, if you would like to anonymize data instead of deleting. Anonymized data will still be available for reports and statistics.
Note: We recommend using Google Chrome.
Follow these steps to delete data in Portal:
- Log in to Portal and select Settings from the menu in the top right corner.
- Click on Data Storage in the left side menu.
- Scroll to the last section on the page with the title Delete your data. Here you can see what data is currently available on your Portal.
- Select the years you would like to delete data from and click Delete selected years. In the example below, only data from 2014 will be deleted.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to go ahead with the deletion process. Click Go ahead, delete my data.
- Next you will receive an email with a confirmation link. Read the email carefully and click the link to proceed with deleting the data. The confirmation link is valid for 24 hours, and the deletion process will start as soon as you click the link.
- When you click the confirmation link, you will be redirected to Portal where you can see that status of your data has changed. In case you already received an invoice for data storage of the data you just deleted, fill in the invoice number in the field below and click Request credit note.
- If you want to set up automatic continuous deletion, you can issue a Power of Attorney to allow nShift to delete data older than a certain number of days. Enter the number of days your data must be for the automatic deletion to take place and click Issue Power of Attorney. If you check Paid Storage, any data that you are paying to keep will be deleted.
- An email will now be sent to you with a confirmation link. Click the link to go through with issuing the power of attorney. The link is valid for 24 hours. (You can withdraw the power of attorney at any time).
- You will be sent to Portal and a confirmation message is shown. Your automatic deletion is now active.
- If you want to withdraw the power of attorney, go to Portal > Settings > Data Storage > Delete your data and click the Withdraw Power of Attorney button.