Consignor On-premises is now called nShift On-premises. If your version is from before September 2021, you will still see the old name in the software.
Please be aware that version 188.8.131.52 and later are not supported on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, so if you are running these platforms, we highly recommend that you upgrade your system before updating Consignor On-premises / nShift On-premises. It is also required to run MS SQL Server 2019 or newer.
In June 2021, the codebase was migrated from Delphi to C#. If upgrading from an older version to the C# version, .NET version 4.0 or newer is required. Information about this requirement will be stated in the Upgrade information screen - see step 6 below.
Before starting the update, make sure you are logged in as administrator.
- Go to Tools > Check for Updates.
- When this window opens up, nShift On-premises will check for updates. If a newer version is available, you can click the Download button.
- Next you will be asked to choose a folder for the download. We recommend choosing Desktop. It makes it easy to locate and delete the update file after the update is complete.
- When the download is complete, click the Install button to run the update.
- If Windows shows a pop-up with the message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Installer for nShift On-premises Server", click Yes to start the update.
- The update will run as a normal Windows installer, and you can go through all the windows by clicking Next > Next > Install > Finish without making any changes.
- When the nShift On-premises server is updated, the nShift On-premises Client installation will automatically update when started. As long as the users have administrative privileges, this should be effortless. If the users do not have the rights to install programs locally, an administrator has to run the program file: C:\Program Files\Consignor client\UpdateClient.exe
- Finally, you should check that the server and clients now have the same version. In both nShift On-premises client and server, go to Tools > Check for updates and confirm that the nShift On-premises current version is identical in both. If the version on the client is lower, the client has not been updated correctly. In this case you should download and run the newest version of nShift On-premises Client. Download the setup file here.
Also see our article about Installing nShift On-premises Client.
If you wish to update your carriers without updating the nShift On-premises server at the same time, you can run a carrier update. Read our guide about Running a carrier update to learn how this is done.